As someone who is courageous enough to wear something as ridiculous as a pepperoni pizza onesie, who probably shops for her concert outfits at the baked goods aisle of the grocery store, and who writes songs about Peacocks and Fireworks, Katy Perry is sure to put on not just a show, but a spectacle. She is no stranger to Filipino Katy Cats (what her devotees are called) because she has held sold-out concert-turned-riots here twice in the span of four years. They say that the third time’s a charm, so how will Katy’s upcoming Prismatic World Tour be any different? If there’s one constant thing about Katy Perry, it’s that she never does the same thing twice, so even her most die-hard fans are in for the surprise of their lives.
Case-in-point, Katy’s crazy concert gimmicks:
1. The curtains go up and the most elaborate stage designs transport you to the Wonderland/Candyland/Fantasyland of your dreams. She and her production team think out of the box to give you a visual, not to mention an audial, feast worth your money.
She will also give you the chance to see through her eyes, or rather her album’s eyes, through some #PRISMVISION glasses.
2. Very hands-on, Katy helps in the conceptualization of her future costumes, because no one can think quite like she does. She has gone from cupcake to cat, from Cleopatra to the American flag, from popcorn and a roll of film to Maypoles. She is a woman on a mission to play dress-up. Don’t be surprised if you see her as something as random a traffic light next.
3. She doesn’t sing her songs exactly like how she sings them in the album. She’d mash-up two crowd-pleasers and sing it slow, while playing an acoustic guitar. You get to see a side of her that the recording on her album did not capture fully.
4. Nothing is probably ever scripted with her. Her crew hands her a box of pizza onstage. She picks a boy from the crowd and kisses him (this could be you next)! She almost trips while making her entrance. It’s safe to say Katy is human just like you and me. And you get to witness her genuine silliness firsthand at the concert. She’ll blurt out random things like:
Or drop from by sky via balloons:
5. She interacts with her fans. They love her and she loves them back. She sets up selfie booths on concert grounds that let fans be in photos with her in one of her crazy backdrops. She stays on after shows to greet fans even if she’s tired. A real trooper, Katy’s social media following (she holds the record for highest digital performer ever and garners hundreds of millions of YouTube views for each of her outrageous music videos) speaks volumes about her fame.
If you’re ready for Katy’s “perfect storm,” be sure to secure your seats on May 7 at the Philippine Arena. Ticket prices are as follows:
- VIP P15,900
- Patron P13,500
- Lower Box Premium P10,500
- Lower Box Regular P8,900
- Upper Box A Premium P6,000
- Upper Box A Regular P4,000
- Upper Box B Premium P3,000
- Upper Box B Regular P900