For the past decade, YouTube has been a medium for showcasing the talents and skills of your average Joe. And a few of these have become YouTube favorites, being known worldwide for putting out covers and even original songs. This July 9, Smart will bring over a few of these YouTube favorites in a show aptly called “Own It“.
Here are 5 things we may expect to see in the show:
- Leroy Sanchez singing Kelly Clarkson‘s “Breakaway“, which was the first ever song he uploaded in YouTube. And quite possible “Words Unspoken” – his first original song.
- Max Schneider performing a Bruno Mars medley. This was one of his more popular ones which he did alongside Victoria Justice.
- Kurt Hugo Schneider doing one of the musical medleys or one-man choir songs he’s known to produce for fellow YouTube artist, Sam Tsui.
- Sam Tsui singing his version of Nelly‘s “Just A Dream“. This may very well be one of the most heart-wrenching part of the shows, knowing that it will be dedicated to Christina Grimmie. Grimmie was one of YouTube’s biggest stars before she was in The Voice and who recently succumbed to a tragic demise.
- Speaking of Grimmie, Leroy Sanchez, Max Schneider, Sam Tsui and Kurt Hugo Schneider may have a song number or two in memory of their fallen sister.
But wait, there’s more. Joining the guys is another YouTube fave who was also a recent visitor in the country during 2016 YouTube FanFest. Tiffany Alvord will add a soft touch to the line-up as the sole female performer. And we can expect her to perform her covers and originals as well, a kind of showcase she gave fans a glimpse of last YTFF.
And wrapping up the line-up is Aussie boyband, At Sunset. The young lads were also recently in the country when they served as front act during Boyce Avenue’s tour. They will be sure to provide their infectious pop sound to this show. And Austraphiles will surely be delighted.
These are but just a few things you may expect at the show. “Own It” will be held at Araneta Coliseum this July 9, 8 PM. Tickets are available at all ticketnet outlets.