Jack Antonoff clearly knows how to frame the female perspective in his songs. Taylor Swift’s collaboration with Antonoff yielded “1989” which Antonoff co-wrote three songs.
Aside from this, the Grammy Award winning songwriter also released an album which re-interpreted the songs of his band’s album “Strange Desire.” The album “Terrible Thrills Vol. 2” features a lot of relevant female acts in today’s music landscape and they all sang using their own style.
One of the widely recognized voices in pop music of late is Carly Rae Jepsen, who made an appearance in the album and sang the track “Shadow.” Jepsen’s version showed the pop star’s trademark playful vocals. Her rendition of the track truly made it her own and could probably be thought to belong in her own album.
Another female singer who graced the album was Sara Bareilles. Antonoff and B
Tinashe also lent her voice to the cover the hit single “I Wanna Get Better.” The song’s upbeat track mixed flawlessly with Tinashe’s sexy and soulful voice made it one of the most innovative re-imagining in the album. Tinashe gave a more R&B vibe to Antonoff’s indie pop influence.
Bleacher’s Terrible Thrills Vol. 2 track list:
1. “Wild Heart” (feat. Sara Bareilles)
2. “Rollercoaster” (feat. Charli XCX)
3. “Shadow” (feat. Carly Rae Jepsen)
4. “I Wanna Get Better” (feat. Tinashe)
5. “Wake Me” (feat. Lucius)
6. “Reckless Love” (feat. Elle King)
7. “Take Me Away” (feat. Brooke Candy & Rachel Antonoff)
8. “Like A River Runs” (feat. Sia)
9. “You’re Still A Mystery (feat. MØ)
10. “I’m Ready To Move On/Wild Heart Reprise” (feat. Susanna Hoffs)
11. “Who I Want You To Love” (feat. Natalie Maines)