After successful concerts and phenomenal hit song, the “Teen King” added another feather on his cap after winning the top plum at the conclusion of the MOR Pinoy Music Awards last night (July 11, 2014) at the MOA Arena.
In a jam-packed awards night attended by famous OPM stars like Parokya ni Edgar, Christian Baustista and Vice Ganda, Daniel Padilla emerged as the big winner. He was awarded the Album of the Year award for his album “DJP” under Star Records besting other OPM greats like Sarah Geronimo and Yeng Constantino. He also won the Male Artist of the Year award for the hit song “Nasa Iyo Na Ang Lahat.”
Meanwhile, two special awards were also given that night to OPM icons Ogie Alcasid and Parokya ni Edgar. Ogie received the MOR OPM Achievement Award while Parokya Ni Edgar was given the MOR Rock Icon award.
Other winners include, Yeng Constantino’s “Chinito” for Song of the Year and Sarah Geronimo for Female Artist of the Year.
The awardees were determined from the combined scores of the total number of texters’ votes, MORPMA Committee and special judges from the OPM industry.
Here’s the complete list of winners for the MOR Pinoy Music Awards 2014:
- Album of the Year: DJP by Daniel Padilla
- Song of the Year: “Chinito” by Yeng Constantino
- Male Artist of the Year: Daniel Padilla
- Female Artist of the Year: Sarah Geronimo
- Phenomenal Artist of the Year: Vice Ganda
- Dance Hit of the Year: “Kahit Na” by Toni Gonzaga
- Best Collaboration of the Year: Sam Concepcion, Tippy Dos Santos and Quest for “Dati”
- Best OPM Revival: “Pusong Bato” by Jovit Baldivino
- Best Novelty Song: “Boom Karakaraka” by Vice Ganda
- Breakthrough Artist of the Year: Jireh Lim
- Best New Artist: Garth Garcia
- Best Regional Song: “Balay ni Mayang” by Kyle Wong and Martina San Diego
- Best Kantemercial: Companero Brandy
- MOR OPM Achievement Award: Ogie Alcasid
- MOR Rock Icon: Parokya ni Edgar