After the success of its 2013 competition, which popularized the song “Na Sa’yo Na Ang Lahat” and catapulted young actor Daniel Padilla to recording artist status, ABS-CBN’s Himig Handog P-Pop Love Song is back to give Pinoys another batch of Original Pilipino Music. From more than 6,000 entries submitted, the organizing committee has finally chosen the top 15 songs that will compete in the finals for this year’s Himig Handog P-Pop Love Song 2014.
Among the chosen 15 finalists, three were also finalists in last year’s competition. Jovinor Tan who won the top prize last year with Aiza Seguerra for “Anong Nangyari sa Ating Dalawa” is aiming for a back-to-back win with his entry “Pare, Mahal Mo Raw Ako.” Meanwhile, Jungee Marcelo, the man behind “Na Sa’yo Na Ang Lahat,” will try to duplicate his 2013 success via “Pumapag-ibig.” Second-timer Jude Gitamondong will also attempt to bring home the top prize with his entry “If You Don’t Want to Fall.”
Here is the complete list of 2014’s Himig Handog P-Pop Love Song finalists.
- “Aking Ka Na Lang” by Francis Louis Salazar
- “Bumalik ang Nagdaan” by Sarah Jane Gandia
- “Dito” by Raizo Brent Chabeldin and Biv De Vera
- “Everything Takes Time” by Hazel Faith Dela Cruz
- “Halik sa Hangin” by David Dimaguila
- “Hanggang Kailan” by Jose Joel Mendoza
- “If You Don’t Want to Fall” by Jude Gitamondoc
- “Mahal Kita Pero” by Melchora Elena Mabilog
- “Mahal Ko o Mahal Ako” by Edwin Marollano
- “Pare, Mahal Mo Raw Ako” by Jovinor Tan
- “Pumapag-ibig” by Jungee Marcelo
- “Seven Minutes” by Mary Grace Gabor
- “Simpleng Tulad Mo” by Meljohn Magno
- “Umiiyak ang Puso” by Rolando Azor
- “Walang Basagan ng Trip” by Eric De Leon
On June 27, 2014, Himig Handog P-Pop Love songs organiziing committee announced on their official Facebook page the date and venue of the finals night.