The Philippine Popular Music Festival Foundation is back on its third run this year to showcase the brilliance of OPM musicians and songwriters. On May 29, PhilPop Music Foundation released its roster of song finalists for the Philippine Pop Music Festival 2014.
From the thousands of entries submitted, the organizing committee has chosen the twelve best songs that reflect the ideals of Original Pilipino Music (OPM). No less than Mr. Ryan Cayabyab, PhilPop Music Foundation’s Executive Director, said that he is very excited because the finalists are very different and varied in terms of genres.
The winning song will be awarded one million pesos on the finals night to be held on July 26, 2014 to at the Meralco Theatre.
Below are the Top 12 songs for PhilPop 2014:
- “Awit Mo’y Nandito Pa” by Toto Sorioso, Interpreted by Aldrich Talonding and James Bucong
- “Babalikan Mo Rin Ako” by Soc Villanueva, Interpreted by Nikki Gil
- “Dear Heart” By Mike Villegas, Interpreted by Kiana Valenciano
- “Hangout Lang” By Allan Feliciano and Isaac Garcia, Interpreted by Duncan Ramos and Young JV
- “Kung Akin ang Langit” By Chi Datu-Bocobo, Interpreted by Mcoy Fundales and Clara Benin
- “Langit Umaawit” By Toto Sorioso, Interpreted by Tom Rodriguez
- “No Girlfriend Since Break” Writtern by Davey Langit, Interpreted by Luigi D’ Avola
- “Qrush on You” by Knowa Lazarus and Flava Matiks, Interepreted by Jay-R, Elmo Magalona and Q-York
- “Salbabida” by Jungee Marcelo, Interpreted by Kyla
- “The Only One” by Popsie San Pedro, Interpreted by Thor Dulay
- “Song on a Broken String” by Jude Gitamandoc and Therese Villarante, Interpreted by Nicole Laurel Asensio
- “Torpe” by Daryl Ong, Interpreted by Kris Lawrence
The twelve songs are part of the PhilPop 2014 album produced and distributed by Universal Records and is already available for download on Spinnr.ph.