American pop-dance and club music artist Erika Jayne has conducted a series of segments filming in Asia starting May 28 and most recently here in the Philippines for the music video of her new singles “You Make Me Wanna Dance” and “Bringing You Back.” The two singles are scheduled for release later this year.
On both tracks, Erika Jayne collaborated with Ross Valory, bassist of the iconic band Journey, and internationally renowned pianist Eric Levy. These highly anticipated releases were written by the team of multi-award winning Andre Pessis and Eric Martin. Erika said that the songs sounded a bit too “rock” at first but later found its Erika Jayne signature style.
“You Make Me Wanna Dance” awaits an Asian release. Fans of Erika are excited to see what her music would be like right now. However, Filipino club music and electronic dance music enthusiasts are even more excited since her music video will feature her dancing in Chinatown in Manila and at the Greenfield District in Pasig City.
Erika also collaborated with other pinoy artists like Manolet “DJ Papi” Santos, Marvin Querido (NeoColors) and the G-Force dancers.
Rene Walter, CEO of Sanre Entertainment, the management company that represents and is affiliated with artists like Arnel Pineda, Orianthi, Ritchie Sambora and many others, said that Erika Jayne will have a tremendous Asian launch and people will have a blast listening to her uniquely fresh and innovative musical style.
More About Erika Jayne
- Erika was born and raised in Atlanta, Georgia but later moved to New York where she began her career in music. She is now based in Los Angeles, California.
- Erika attended North Atlanta High School for the Performing Arts and toured a lot. So technically, she has been performing already since high school.
- Her musical influences include Michael Jackson, Madonna and Prince.
- Her first foray into the music industry was in 2007 when she released the electro-hued track “Rollercoaster” which went to number one on the US Billboard Hot Dance Club Play Chart.
- “Rollercoaster” was followed by five more consecutive number 1 dance singles namely “Stars” (2008), “Give You Everything” (2009), “Pretty Mess” (2009), “One Hot Pleasure” (2010), and “Party People – Ignite The World” (2011). Having landed six number one slots on the Billboard Dance Chart, Erika Jayne is in the same rank as the Pussycat Dolls and Rihanna for the most number ones from a debut release.
- Erika’s debut album PRETTY MESS was released in August 2009 and produced by Peter Rafelson (Madonna) and Eric Kupper (Usher, Shakira).
- Erika Jayne announced the creation of her very own production label Pretty Mess Records in November 2010.